About this site
On line since 2004, this is a completely non-official and non-commercial site. I am a French Harmony fan. After some years of playing and collecting Harmony guitars, often saving images from many sources (ebay auction site), I had a good selection of photos of each models, and decided to share it with other Harmony fans. I add new models and images almost every week.
Some existing sites (see links) already had very valuable information on Harmony history and some models, but it was not easy to quickly check information on a specific model number or name. So I set up this database to ease access to information.
I hope users of this site will help, to make it more complete and accurate. You can add your comment on any model page. I will add some more features... Please contact me and share any ideas !
If you like this site, you can donate, any amount, to help me to pay for documents, server space and bandwith..
Thank you !
(If you don't have a Paypal account, you can use your credit card. At the bottom of the next page, click on "don't have a paypal account / continue")
A very warm thank you to Bill Morgan, Justin Petrie, Cloyd Price, Simon Bancroft, David Mills, Bob Chaffer, Alexander Winter, Pierre Smith, Irving True, John Joycey, Haydn Wood, Dave Leibert, Bernard Cheevers, Simon Murphy, Bryant Whitmire, Morris Rowell, John Norby, Steven Womacks, James Snow.
- Many friends from The Harmony Board shared their experience in Kitchen Lutherie
- Ray Weston, who spent time at the St-Louis library to print microfilms and scan many Sears old catalogs pages, to help this database, and "preserve the history of these guitars".
- Paco Jimenez, from Spain, sent many images from his own documentation, and shared a lot of knowledge about archtop guitars.
- Colin McCubbin, from www.notecannons.com, sent very valuable information for the thirties models. He's a "National nut", but took time to scan documents to share with us "Harmony nuts".
- Rob Knaapen sent many scans for catalog pages.
- Bill Garrison, Sean Kilback and Michael Cronström sent many files from their photo collections to share with you.
Tad Wadhams sent Harmonys' sounds.
Scott Cooper from MoreMusic sent his own Harmony models list, to help with model numbers.
The place to be
The place to discuss everything Harmony is Bill Garrison's Harmony forum
To do list
- I'd wish to have, on every model page, the original detailed description from the catalog. Not difficult, just a little long to copy every catalog to cyberspace...
- A page with artists using Harmony guitars, in the past (Keith Richard), and today (Eric Ducoff)...
- More sound samples on the sounds page...
- What about a "Harmony register", with model and serial number of every Harmony in the world, and current name of owner ?
- Your ideas ?